The Stellar Labs SLA Series of Stereo Amplifiers were designed specifically for use in distributed audio installations, where high reliability and premium sound quality are a must. Remote on/off triggering and signal sensing allow these units to be set up in equipment racks, with no further contact required. Rear mounted master level controls keep installation safe from future tampering. Two auto switching inputs allow automatic operation when used with more than one system.
This amplifier is perfect in whole-house audio systems because it will connect to any existing line level or speaker level source. Auto power sensing turns on the amplfifer automatically, as well as off when not in use. 12VDC input trigger is provided, to allow on/off command to come from another source. Additionally, a 12V trigger output is provided to allow this amplifier's Auto Power On circuit to control external devices.
Adding zones to an existing system
Speaker level inputs allow amplifier to be easily added to an existing system. Simply connect to line feeding existing speakers and drive multiple additional pairs. Input impedance is very high, so existing system will see no additional load. Auto Power On feature will make operation totally automatic.
Adding local components to a whole house system
Ceilng speakers in the bedroom or den are great for listening to the whole house system. But what if you want to listen to a local music source or TV? This amplifier will connect to the existing whole house system speaker lines, plus provide a line level input for a local source. When the whole house system is playing, the music plays through as normal. When a local source is turned on, the amplifier switches only that pair of speakers to the local source. When the local source is turned off, the ceiling speakers automatically switch back to the whole house system. All funtions are fully automatic, including on/off. Set up once and forget it!
Adding subwoofer to a single zone
Whole house system is great for providing background music, but sometimes a living room or rec room may need a "little more". Simply connect this amplifier to the speaker lines feeding that room, put the amplfier in bridged mode, and power a free standing or in wall subwoofer.
Two Models to Choose From:
* Front panel controls for level, balance and A/B speaker selection
* Two sets of L/R inputs, each may be switched to accept line level speaker level signal
* Auto switching between inputs, with adjustable 3 ~ 15 second delay
* Line level pass through output on input #2
* Manual or auto sensing power control
* 12V trigger input allows power on command from external components
* 12V trigger output allows amplifier to trigger external components
* Stereo and bridged mono operation
* Heavy duty binding post speaker outputs
* Discrete output components
* Detachable IEC type power cord
* THD: < 0.2% at rated power
* Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz +0.0dB / -0.5dB
* S/N Ratio: 103dB, at rated power at 4ohms
* Power requirements: Selectable 115/230VAC, 60/50Hz, 700W max
* Dimensions: 3 1/2" (H) x 16 1/2" (W) x 14" (D)
* Weight: 26 lbs
* 80W RMS per channel, both channels driven into an 8ohm load
* 125W RMS per channel, both channels driven into a 4ohm load
* 250W RMS bridged mono, into an 8ohm load
* Model Number SLA250